About Anthony Wayne Church: Who we are; what we believe.

Who Are We?

OUR HERITAGE AS A CONGREGATION
Anthony Wayne First Church of God was organized in 1946.  We were started through the dynamic vision of Eva Shook, who saw the need for children in this area to have a Sunday School; and with her neighbors, approached the Indiana Conference of the Churches of God in North America to help.

The church began meeting in the Anthony Wayne School (now Canterbury Lower School) at the corner of South Bend Drive and Covington Road.  This is also how the church received its name.  Later, the congregation moved to the property at the corner of South Bend Drive and Getz Road..

OUR CONTINUING LEGACY OF SERVICE
We continue to seek God's will in serving our community and our world with the love of Jesus Christ.  The Marthas women's ministry continues to raise funds for service projects in Fort Wayne, Northern Indiana and around the world.  Our Mission House is part of the Associated Churches Food Bank system serving Western Wayne Township and all of Aboite Township.  In addition to food, our Mission house also supplies needy families with clothing and basic living needs.  To care for our congregation and our community, we challenge our people to "Dare-to Care."   Dare to Care supports all of God's people through writing notes, making telephone calls, or with prayer.

RE-FOCUSING ON OUR MISSION
Our Mission Statment is simple: Anthony Wayne Church is a family of God dedicated to bring His word to people and their families, inviting them to Christ, equipping them as disciples, sending them out to serve God, our community and the world.  We meet weekly on Sunday mornings for Worship and Sunday School and on Wednesday mornings for Bible Study.  We provide worship and teaching from God's Word for all ages, from Pre-School to Old School.

Always feel free to contact our Church office if you desire more information.